About Jobline LMU
What is Jobline LMU?
- Jobline LMU is a free job application resource for German speakers who wish to study or work in an English-speaking country.
- It is run and funded by the University of Munich’s Language Center (Sprachenzentrum der LMU München).
What does Jobline LMU offer?
- Step-by-step guides for writing professional and academic applications
- Reference writing resources for employers and academic staff
- Wide selection of sample CVs, cover letters and letters of reference
- Unique service aimed specifically at German speaking students
- Intercultural information about what English-speaking employers expect
History of Jobline LMU: What's new?
Jobline LMU first went online in 2002. Since then it has attracted more than 23,000 registered users and has been used worldwide by individual students, schools, universities and language schools.
The all-new and updated website went online in September 2013 and reflects the current expectations of employers and academic institutions and now includes new features:
- Online applications tips
- New format interview (e.g Skype, psychometric tests) techniques
- Letters of recommendation for academic staff
- Letters of motivation for students applying at English-speaking universities
- All written in clear and accessible language by a team of British and American native speakers with both academic and professional backgrounds